“Law and the Whole Truth” workshop, Glasgow, August 10-11
“Law and the Whole Truth” Workshop: University of Glasgow, August 10-11, 2017. This interdisciplinary legal workshop presents and examines different perspectives relevant to the relationship between law and the “whole truth”. The workshop, introduced by Prof. Burkhard Schafer (University of Edinburgh), is divided into four sessions: 1) Information disclosure and the whole truth, 2) Defamation, perjury and the whole truth, 3) Law, neuroscience and the whole truth, and 4) Philosophical perspectives on law and the whole truth. Click here to learn more.
1) Information disclosure and the whole truth (10th August, 9.30-12.45)
– Dr Tracey Elliott (University of Leicester)
– Dr Ema Sullivan-Bissett (University of Birmingham)
2) Defamation, perjury and the whole truth (10th August, 2-4)
– Campbell Deane (Partner at BKF & Co, Glasgow)
– Prof. Alan Paterson (University of Strathclyde)
3) Law, neuroscience and the whole truth (11th August, 10.15-12.45)
– Prof. Francis Shen (University of Minnesota)
– Dr Neil Garrett (Princeton University)
4) Philosophical perspectives on law and the whole truth (11th August, 2-4.15)
– Prof. Paul Roberts (University of Nottingham)
– Dr Simon Barnes (University of Edinburgh)
For more details, please see the programme page.
This workshop will be of interest to solicitors working in a range of legal areas such as media law, medical negligence and criminal law. Certificates of attendance, for the purposes of CPD certification, will be available on request.
The workshop is part of the AHRC-funded “Whole Truth” project.