Deadline: 6th June 2012
Conference: 3rd – 6th September 2012
Description: Now in its sixteenth successive year, the annual conference of the British Postgraduate Philosophy Association (BPPA) is the largest, most prestigious and longest running graduate philosophy conference in the United Kingdom. This year’s conference is to be held at the University of Edinburgh from 3 – 6 September. Following the success of last year’s inaugural BPPA Careers Day, the BPPA Careers Day returns for a second time. The Careers Day is a full day of talks and symposia given by leading academics on topics related to careers in philosophy.
- Sarah Broadie (St Andrews)
- Brad Hooker (University of Reading)
- Christopher Peacocke (UCL)
- Duncan Pritchard (Edinburgh)
Careers Day speakers:
- Michael Brady (University of Glasgow)
- Guy Fletcher (University of Edinburgh)
- Katherine Hawley (University of St. Andrews)
- Jesper Kallestrup (University of Edinburgh)
- Mike Ridge (University of Edinburgh)
- Alasdair Richmond (University of Edinburgh)
- Paul Snowdon (UCL)
- Dave Ward (University of Edinburgh)
Call for papers: We welcome papers in all areas and traditions of philosophy, from graduate students all over the world. Authors of papers who make it to the final stage of reviewing but are not accepted will be given the opportunity to respond to accepted papers at the conference. The deadline for paper submissions is 6th June 2012. Decisions on whether papers have been accepted will be made by mid-July.
- Word limit: 3,000 words (including footnotes, but excluding reference bibliography).
- Papers should be prepared for blind review.
- Please submit papers as Microsoft Word documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put ‘Conference Paper Submission’ as the subject of your email.
- Please include in a separate document a cover sheet containing your name, departmental affiliation, email address, contact telephone number and the title of your paper.
- Submission deadline: 6th June 2012.